Thursday 14 December 2017

19 months post R2 - MRI and bloods week

First of all my apologies for the lack of a post last week, and it being so late this week.

I was away with work for a few days last week in a hotel and customer meetings and when things got back to normal I had 3 days of 'normal' to make up from being away - it's taken me a while. This weeks excuse is that the first 3 days were days of training (see last weeks excuse - although I did get to sleep in my own bed)

Tomorrow morning I have my month 20 post round 2 blood tests (and yay I can do my pee test this month) I'm not expecting anything strange to come up on this months results but hey it's the season of gift giving so you never know) At 19:30 tomorrow evening I have my MRI down in Southampton (because apparently now my Neuro is on long term sickness leave, in a feat of magnificently negligent incompetence the machines up in Basingstoke can't be used any more and we all have to do a round trip of 90 miles to get an MRI done or even see one of our newly assigned Neurologists - way to go for helping people with mobility problems you monumental ass-hats :-( .........)

I'm now the reluctant holder of a shiny blue badge which I refuse to use unless I have no choice. It lives in my handbag and I'm very much looking forward to the next time I see someone park in one and fail to display a badge and I can wave it at them and make the point I'm entitled to use one but don't unless I need to because there's always someone who needs it more and ask what their excuse is (kinda hoping I don't get punched in the face on these occasions)

In reality over the last 2 weeks we've got very little done on the 'life front' apart from finally finishing the gloss painting in the new room that's replaced the conservatory. We also decorated the Christmas tree so we have a little festive spirit going on. We've not bought a single Christmas present for anyone yet and time is certainly running out fast.

On a bright note the lovely Nino who did our garden fencing also does garden services (phew thank goodness I typed this - it reminded me to pay him) and he's done the winter tidy of our garden, ruthlessly lopped the hedges and best of all taken all the cuttings away. If you're in the Reading / Berkshire area, I HIGHLY recommend Woodley Fencing and Gardening Services for their service and professionalism.

Tonight is the work Christmas Doooooo. Now those of you who've been following this for the last couple of years will know I don't 'Do' work 'Dooooo's' - I just decline. But being in a new job in a smaller organisation it seemed like I should accept. I will of course be driving so I will be on my best behaviour and in reality will probably be making my exit long before it all gets 'interesting'.

So this weekends plan:

  • Christmas shopping - I'd like to get it all done in one day *aspirational*
  • Go and book and pay for the Christmas Ham so we can pick it up just before we head to Wales for Christmas
  • Get the Christmas Drink stuff ordered - OHHHH I can Amazon Prime that shizzle ......
  • Put feet up
  • As the Shepherd said to his sheep - I will then do Flock All

No comments:

Post a Comment

Far too long between updates (again)

 So what have I been up to in my long absence and how have I been ? Well the Crohn's is under control and back to how it's always be...